MSc Tavistock, PGDip Relate Institute,
ICEEFT Certified Emotionally Focused (EFT)
couple therapist and supervisor,
Relationship and Psychosexual therapist
for couples and individuals,
EFT International School, director,
Re-connect...EFT Clinic, director
UKCP reg, COSRT Acc., MBACP, ICEEFT
GREATER LONDON ENTERPRISE AWARDS 2022
Most Dedicated EFT Mental Wellness Practice
(Gulya Diyarova, EFT Clinic director, EFT School director)
Scope of my work
I specialise in working with distressed couples on a wide range of emotional, relational and sexual concerns:
- - relationship and marital difficulties,
- pre-divorce and separation or highly ambivalent couples (Discernment Counseling- in Training),
- sexual problems and symptoms including internet/porno addictions,
- anxieties around sexual performance,
- erectile and ejaculatory difficulties,
- problems with desire and arousal,
- various anxieties,
- trauma and loss,
- low self-esteem,
- difficulties in developing relationships and chronic loneliness,
- anger issues,
- parenting related problems,
- pre-nuptial counseling
I work in many modalities integrated within Emotionally Focused Therapy model, with different and challenging life stage transitions and kinds of relationship, if you are married or not, long-term partners or more recent, separated or together, heterosexual, gay or lesbian – and most importantly the relationship with yourself.
My first career in Moscow was as a medical doctor for 16 years, paediatrician and clinical neurologist, with PostGraduate qualifications in child development and neuropathology. I moved to the UK in 1993 and later on retrained in Systemic therapy, Psychodynamic approach, Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Early Attachment and Psychopathology, and as a Psychosexual therapist.
Education and major Qualifications
- Medical doctor, State Medical University, Kazan, Russia
- Clinical ordinature/residency, State Medical University, Kazan, Russia
- Post-qualifying training in Paediatrics, Child Development and Neuropathology, Moscow, Russia
- Certificate in Couple counselling, Relate Institute, London
- PostGrad Diploma in Relationship and Psychosexual therapy, Relate Institute, London
- MSc in Psychosexual Therapy and Relationship, Tavistock Centre, London
- Certified Emotionally Focused couple therapist (EFT) and supervisor, ICEEFT, Canada
Selected Additional Post-qualifying Training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training
- Attachment Theory and Couple Work (Chris Clulow, PhD, Tavistock)
- Couples and Affairs (Relate Institute, Doncaster)
- Healing Affairs using Emotionally Focused Therapy (Prof Scott Woolley, PhD)
- Integrative Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London)
- Fundamentals of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (Institute of Psychiatry, London)
- Attachment and Neuroscience (Glyn Hudson, PhD, London)
- Advanced Training in Person-Centered Counselling Practice: Emotion-Focused
Psychotherapy, Level 1 (University of Strathclyde, Prof Robert Elliott)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy for Individuals (Prof Robert Elliott, PhD)
- Core Supervision Course (Centre for Supervision and Team Development, London)
- Supervising Systemically (Institute of Family Therapy, London)
- Neuroplasticity and Emotional Processes of the Brain (Alan Schore, PhD, London)
- Advanced Skills in Couple Work, 4-Day Summer School (Tavistock Centre, London)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Core Clinical Competencies (Christine Padesky, PhD, London)
- Attachment and Psychopathology (Patricia Critenden, PhD, Tavistock)
- Sexual Addiction, Men and women (ATSAC, London)
- Attachment and Trauma Congress, ISC, London
I was the first UK therapist trained and certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
EFT is the attachment-based warm and collaborative approach, developed by Drs Sue Jonson and Lesley Greenberg, where couples learn to recognise their habitual negative patterns of ‘blame-distance’ or ‘attack-withdraw’ and are able to change them into a safe and loving way of relating.
I pioneered Emotionally Focused Therapy in the UK and have been organising EFT training in London since 2009 with Gail Palmer (co-founder of the approach) and Dr. Scott Woolley, international trainers and close associates of Sue Johnson, actively participating in all stages of EFT training.
I am Director and Organising Committee of EFT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL staging Annual International EFT Summer Schools in London, UK. I have also been presenting to the School EFT Newcomers Stream annually since 2016.
I am Director of Re-connect...EFT Clinic in Central London, Cavendish Sq, where as a team of highly qualified and highly experienced psychotherapists, we help individuals, relationships and families to restore and rebuild their connection, strength, well-being, closeness, and trust with your significant others and in yourself again.
I am one of only a few certified EFT supervisor/consultants in the UK for the time being.
I am a former tutor on MSc programme at Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationship (TCCR)
I am UKCP registered, an Accredited member of COSRT (British Association-College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists), a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy, Canada).
I follow and abide by their Code of Practice and Ethics.
My work is regularly supervised and the supervision is bound by the the same Code of Practice and Ethics.
Gulya, Director of and a regular presenter at the EFT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL conferences, is a proud recipient of ICEEFT John Douglas Reward 2017 "For tireless and often behind the scenes contributions to EFT".